First State Bank of Newcastle was founded during the depression in 1924, a time when most banks were being forced to close their doors. Faith in the integrity of the men who started the bank was responsible for the bank’s growth only a few months after the collapse of several Weston County banking institutions. The first President and one of the original owners was H.G. Weare, well-known rancher, cattleman and sheepman. Other original owners were R. Hurtt, W.E. Dickey, John Nason and M.C. Roberts.
In March 1964, the Schnitzler Corporation of Montana purchased controlling interest in First State Bank of Newcastle. In 1979 Schnitzler Corporation transferred their interest to Northeast Wyoming Bank Corporation, a one-bank holding company, which now owns 100 percent of the stock in First State Bank.
The current Board of Directors:
Address: P O Box 910
24 N. Sumner
Newcastle, WY 82701
Toll Free: 1-888-788-2892
24-Hr: 1-307-746-CHEK (2435)